current position：Home>leetcode 701. Insert into a Binary Search Tree （python）
leetcode 701. Insert into a Binary Search Tree （python）
2022-01-30 03:13:34 【Wang Daya】
This article has participated in 「 Digging force Star Program 」, Win a creative gift bag , Challenge creation incentive fund
You are given the root node of a binary search tree (BST) and a value to insert into the tree. Return the root node of the BST after the insertion. It is guaranteed that the new value does not exist in the original BST.
Notice that there may exist multiple valid ways for the insertion, as long as the tree remains a BST after insertion. You can return any of them.
Input: root = [4,2,7,1,3], val = 5 Output: [4,2,7,1,3,5] Explanation: Another accepted tree is: Copy code
Input: root = [40,20,60,10,30,50,70], val = 25 Output: [40,20,60,10,30,50,70,null,null,25] Copy code
Input: root = [4,2,7,1,3,null,null,null,null,null,null], val = 5 Output: [4,2,7,1,3,5] Copy code
The number of nodes in the tree will be in the range [0, 10^4]. -10^8 <= Node.val <= 10^8 All the values Node.val are unique. -10^8 <= val <= 10^8 It's guaranteed that val does not exist in the original BST. Copy code
According to the meaning , Is to give the root node of a binary tree root , Then give a value val , The title requires us to val The node of value is inserted into the binary tree , And return to the root node , The title guarantees val It doesn't exist in root Value , And there may be many kinds of binary trees , Just return any one of them .
Or the old way to use recursion to solve problems , Here we only need to know the basic properties of binary tree , That is, the value of the left subtree is smaller than that of the root node , The value of the right subtree is larger than that of the root node . Then use recursion ：
- If the root node root It's empty , Then use val Initialize a node and return
- If the root node root The value is less than val , explain val belong root The right subtree , So recursion is right root Recursive node insertion for the right subtree of
- If the root node root The value is greater than val , explain val belong root The left subtree , So recursion is right root Recursive node insertion in the left subtree of
- Finally, return the current root node root
class TreeNode(object): def __init__(self, val=0, left=None, right=None): self.val = val self.left = left self.right = right class Solution(object): def insertIntoBST(self, root, val): """ :type root: TreeNode :type val: int :rtype: TreeNode """ if not root: node = TreeNode(val) return node if root.val < val: root.right = self.insertIntoBST(root.right, val) else: root.left = self.insertIntoBST(root.left, val) return root Copy code
Runtime: 166 ms, faster than 23.65% of Python online submissions for Insert into a Binary Search Tree. Memory Usage: 17.6 MB, less than 41.28% of Python online submissions for Insert into a Binary Search Tree. Copy code
In fact, I use a clumsy idea , You can do it in several steps ：
- Initialize a L The empty list is used to store all node values
- Definition getListFromBST The function uses recursion to traverse the values of all nodes , Save all L in
- take val Also joined L And then to L Sort
- Defined function sortedListToBST Use recursion to build a binary tree for the list that has been ascending , This operation is the same as this problem leetcode 108. Convert Sorted Array to Binary Search Tree（python）
Obviously, this method is a lot cumbersome , It's not as concise as the previous method .
class TreeNode(object): def __init__(self, val=0, left=None, right=None): self.val = val self.left = left self.right = right class Solution(object): def __init__(self): self.L =  def getListFromBST(self, root): if not root:return self.getListFromBST(root.left) self.L.append(root.val) self.getListFromBST(root.right) def sortedListToBST(self, nums): if not nums: return MID = len(nums) // 2 root = TreeNode(nums[MID]) root.left = self.sortedListToBST(nums[:MID]) root.right = self.sortedListToBST(nums[MID+1:]) return root def insertIntoBST(self, root, val): """ :type root: TreeNode :type val: int :rtype: TreeNode """ self.getListFromBST(root) self.L.append(val) self.L.sort() return self.sortedListToBST(self.L) Copy code
Runtime: 389 ms, faster than 5.01% of Python online submissions for Insert into a Binary Search Tree. Memory Usage: 19.4 MB, less than 16.83% of Python online submissions for Insert into a Binary Search Tree. Copy code
Original link ：leetcode.com/problems/in…
Your support is my greatest motivation
author[Wang Daya],Please bring the original link to reprint, thank you.
The sidebar is recommended
- Getting started with Python - object oriented - special methods
- Using linear systems in python with scipy.linalg
- Fast power modulus Python implementation of large numbers
- Python architects recommend the book "Python programmer's Guide" which must be read by self-study Python architects. You are welcome to take it away
- Decoding the verification code of Taobao slider with Python + selenium, the road of information security
- Python game development, pyGame module, python implementation of skiing games
- Python collects and monitors system data -- psutil
- Python + selenium automated test: page object mode
- You can easily get started with Excel. Python data analysis package pandas (IV): any grouping score bar
- Python ThreadPoolExecutor restrictions_ work_ Queue size
guess what you like
Python generates and deploys verification codes with one click (Django)
[Python kaggle] pandas basic exercises in machine learning series (6)
Using linear systems in python with scipy.linalg
Using Python to realize national second-hand housing data capture + map display
How to make Python run faster? Six tips!
Python chat room (Tkinter writing interface, streaming, socket to realize private chat, group chat, check chat records, Mysql to store data)
This pandas exercise must be successfully won
[algorithm learning] sword finger offer 64 Find 1 + 2 +... + n (Java / C / C + + / Python / go / trust)
Understand Python's built-in function and add a print function yourself
Python implements JS encryption algorithm in thousands of music websites
- leetcode 35. Search Insert Position（python）
- [introduction to Python visualization]: 12 small examples of complete data visualization, taking you to play with visualization ~
- Learning this Python library can reduce at least 100 lines of code
- leetcode 67. Add Binary（python）
- Regular re parameter replacement of Python 3 interface automation test framework
- V. pandas based on Python
- Only 15 lines of code is needed for face detection! (using Python and openCV)
- [Python crawler Sao operation] you can crawl Sirius cinema movies without paying
- leetcode 69. Sqrt(x)（python）
- Teach you to read the source code of Cpython (I)
- Snowball learning started in the fourth quarter of Python. One needs three meals. I have a new understanding of Python functional programming, process-oriented, object-oriented and functional
- leetcode 88. Merge Sorted Array（python）
- Don't you know more about a python library before the end of 2021?
- Python crawler web page parsing artifact XPath quick start teaching!!!
- Use Python and OpenCV to watermark the image
- String and related methods of Python data type introduction
- Heapq module of Python module
- Introduction to beautiful soup of Python crawler weapon, detailed explanation, actual combat summary!!!
- Event loop of Python collaboration series
- Django docking pin login system
- [recalling the 1970s] using Python to repair the wonderful memories of parents' generation, black-and-white photos become color photos
- You used to know Python advanced
- Pyinstaller package Python project
- 2021 IEEE programming language rankings: Python tops the list!
- Implementation of Python automatic test control
- Python advanced: [Baidu translation reverse] graphic and video teaching!!!
- Do you know the fuzzy semantics in Python syntax?
- [Python from introduction to mastery] (XXVII) learn more about pilot!
- Playing excel office automation with Python
- Some applications of heapq module of Python module
- Python and go languages are so popular, which is more suitable for you?
- Python practical skills task segmentation
- Python simulated Login, numpy module, python simulated epidemic spread
- Python opencv contour discovery function based on image edge extraction
- Application of Hoff circle detection in Python opencv
- Python reptile test ox knife (I)
- Day 1: learn the Django framework of Python development
- django -- minio_ S3 file storage service
- [algorithm learning] 02.03 Delete intermediate nodes (Java / C / C + + / Python / go)
- Learning in Python + opencv -- extracting corners