current position：Home>Pandas: how to create an empty data frame with column names
Pandas: how to create an empty data frame with column names
2022-01-30 11:56:32 【Stone sword】
You can use the following basic syntax to create an empty column with a specific column name pandas DataFrame.
df = pd.DataFrame(columns=['Col1', 'Col2', 'Col3']) Copy code
The following example shows how to use this syntax in practice .
example 1： Create a with column names and no rows DataFrame
The following code shows how to create a with a specific column name and no rows pandas DataFrame.
import pandas as pd #create DataFrame df = pd.DataFrame(columns=['A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E']) #view DataFrame df A B C D E Copy code
We can use shape To get DataFrame Size .
#display shape of DataFrame df.shape (0, 5) Copy code
This tells us DataFrame Yes 0 Row sum 5 Column .
We can also use **list()** To get a list of column names .
#display list of column names list(df) ['A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E'] Copy code
example 2： Create a with column names and a specific number of rows DataFrame
The following code shows how to create a with a specific column name and a specific number of rows pandas DataFrame.
import pandas as pd #create DataFrame df = pd.DataFrame(columns=['A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E'], index=range(1, 10)) #view DataFrame df A B C D E 1 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 2 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 3 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 4 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 5 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 6 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 7 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 8 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN 9 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN Copy code
Please note that ,DataFrame Each value in is filled with a NaN value .
Once again, , We can use shape To obtain a DataFrame Size .
#display shape of DataFrame df.shape (9, 5) Copy code
This tells us ,DataFrame Yes 9 That's ok 5 Column .
The following tutorial explains how to pandas Perform other common operations in .
The postPandas: How to Create Empty DataFrame with Column Namesappeared first onStatology.
author[Stone sword],Please bring the original link to reprint, thank you.
The sidebar is recommended
- Some people say Python does not support function overloading?
- "Python instance" was shocked and realized the dirty words and advertisement detection of the chat system with Python
- Introduction to Python - CONDA common commands
- Python actual combat | just "4 steps" to get started with web crawler (with benefits)
- Don't know what to eat every day? Python to tell you! Generate recipes and don't worry about what to eat every day!
- Are people who like drinking tea successful? I use Python to make a tea guide! Do you like it?
- I took 100g pictures offline overnight with Python just to prevent the website from disappearing
- Binary operation of Python OpenCV image re learning and image smoothing (convolution processing)
- Analysis of Python event mechanism
- Iterator of Python basic language
guess what you like
Base64 encryption and decryption in Python
Chapter 2: Fundamentals of python-2 variable
Python garbage collection summary
Python game development, pyGame module, python takes you to realize a magic tower game from scratch (1)
Python draws a spinning windmill with turtle
Deep understanding of Python features
A website full of temptations for Python crawler writers, "lovely picture network", look at the name of this website
Python opencv Canny edge detection knowledge supplement
Complex learning of Python opencv Sobel operator, ScHARR operator and Laplacian operator
Python: faker extension package
- Python code reading (Part 44): find the location of qualified elements
- Elegant implementation of Django model field encryption
- 40 Python entry applet
- Pandas comprehensive application
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals of python-3 character string
- Python pyplot draws a parallel histogram, and the x-axis value is displayed in the center of the two histograms
- [Python crawler] detailed explanation of selenium from introduction to actual combat 
- Curl to Python self use version
- Python visualization - 3D drawing solutions pyecharts, Matplotlib, openpyxl
- Use python, opencv's meanshift and CAMSHIFT algorithms to find and track objects in video
- Using python, opencv obtains and changes pixels, modifies image channels, and trims ROI
- [Python data collection] university ranking data collection
- [Python data collection] stock information collection
- Python game development, pyGame module, python takes you to realize a magic tower game from scratch (2)
- Python solves the problem of suspending execution after clicking the mouse in CMD window (fast editing mode is prohibited)
- [Python from introduction to mastery] (II) how to run Python? What are the good development tools (pycharm)
- Python type hints from introduction to practice
- Python notes (IX): basic operation of dictionary
- Python notes (8): basic operations of collections
- Python notes (VII): definition and use of tuples
- Python notes (6): definition and use of lists
- Python notes (V): string operation
- Python notes (IV): use of functions and modules
- Python notes (3): conditional statements and circular statements
- Python notes (II): lexical structure
- Notes on python (I): getting to know Python
- [Python data structure series] - tree and binary tree - basic knowledge - knowledge point explanation + code implementation
- [Python daily homework] Day7: how to combine two dictionaries in an expression?
- How to implement a custom list or dictionary in Python
- 15 advanced Python tips for experienced programmers
- Python string method tutorial - how to use the find() and replace() functions on Python strings
- Python computer network basics
- Python crawler series: crawling global airport information
- Python crawler series: crawling global port information
- How to calculate unique values using pandas groupby
- Application of built-in distribution of Monte Carlo simulation SciPy with Python
- Gradient lifting method and its implementation in Python
- Pandas: how to group and calculate by index
- Can you create an empty pandas data frame and fill it in?
- Python basic exercises teaching! can't? (practice makes perfect)